AN EAST RIDING ARMORY 7
BAILEY of Winestead Argent, on a fess between three martlets gules as many bezants.
As well as being recorded (unascribed) in Turner’s “Yorkshire Coats of Arms” they are displayed in the Hull Guildhall as the arms of William Bailey, shipowner of Winestead.
This William Bailey purchased 500 acres in Winestead from T.B.T. Hildyard in 1871. William died in 1882. His only son, Walter, died in 1928, apparently childless.
(J. Horsfall Turner, “Coats of Arms of the Nobility and Gentry of Yorkshire” 1911; Victoria County History, East Riding, vol. 5)